A kickasss Life, One Kick at a time!

www.flickr.com
kickassso's photos More of My photos


The Music Tag


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been away... for a Long time, and i didnt want to come back until after all the exams , but there is one tag which dUTtan did which i just HAVE to do, after all, I was among the first to jump onto the last.fm bandwagon:)!
As duttan says ,
Last.fm is the ultimate social networking site for music lovers. The interface, design and interactiveness of the site makes it far better than even Orkut, for music lovers.


so if all you people haven't joined last.fm, do so, especially those of you who Love their music!Check out the Red last.fm button at the bottom of this page.Inaddition to the music indexing, last.fm also offers a really nice radio service!But you need to have >128kbps connectivity tho.The tag goes like this...
Name your top 10 most played Artists on Last.fm

1 Jim Reeves 3237
2 Willie Nelson 637
3 Il Divo 328
4 Patsy Cline 313
5 Nat King Cole 293
6 Mantovani 273
7 Bobby Bare & Skeeter Davis 259
8 Tammy Wynette 255
9 Connie Francis 249
10 Andrea Bocelli 241


And the questions.....

1.What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
Technically, It was a casette called "I cant stop loving You",which i bought from scrap,but I never could listen to it anyway,and the one i really could Listen to was "Magnificent melodies"
Vinyl Cover

2.What is your favourite album of 2?
It has to be "It will Always be.."
A recent album, with several beautiful duets including one with Norah jones!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
3.How many times have you seen 4 live?
never! In fact, she died on 1963,21 years before i was even born:(
4.What is your favourite song by 7?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Well, to be specific, I dont know, mostly because their duets sound the same , and even George Jones's duets with Tammy Wynette Sound the same.But If had had to pick one, I guess it would have to be "Too Used To Being With You"

5.What is your favourite lyric that 2 has sung?
One of the most touching song's I've ever heard, not just sung By willie, but also covered byseveral country artists, Is the track"Crazy".Some of you might remember it from K-ROSE in GTA:SA
I'm crazy
crazy for feeling so lonely
I'm crazy
crazy for feeling so blue
I know
you'd love me as long as you wanted
then someday
leave me for somebody new
(bridge)
worry
why do I let myself worry
wondring
what in the world did I do
crazy
for thinking that my love could hold you
I'm crazy for crying
I'm crazy for trying
I'm crazy for loving you

Unlike a lot of current artists who depend on others to do the songwriting, he is also the songwriter.In fact, in a concert version of this, he jokes, he was going to call it "stupid", instead of crazy:D
6.What is your favourite song by 9
It has to be Santa Lucia,one of the most famous Neapolitan songs, an ode dedicated to the city of Naples and to the Santa Lucia area which faces the Gulf of Naples.

The lyrics are the words of a boatman describing the view from Santa Lucia: It is night and the moon is reflected in the sea. He tells us of the indescribable magic that one can feel while watching the boats in the sea; how they sail softly, driven by a gentle breezes.

7.How did you get in to 3?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Il Divo being a more Recent band, I saw them on Zee Cafe I think, singing A cover of Toni Braxton's Unbreak My Heart (Regresa A Mi)
8.What was the first song you heard by 1
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I really dont know I've been Listening to him ever since I was conceived! ...me , My parents, and THEIR parents were all Jim reeves fans
9.What is your favourite song by 4?
Well, It has to be True Love...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
While I give to you
And you give to me
True love, true love
So on and on
It will always be
True love, true love
For you and I have a guardian angel
On high with nothing to do
But to give to you
And to give to me
Love forever true
But to give to you
And to give to me
Love forever true
Love forever true

Most of these songs are short, but sound very touching...
10.How many time have you seen 9 live?
Never. And Connie's singing career waned after 1974..
11.What is a good memory you have concerning 2?
It doesent have anything to Do with any songs...In the movie "Austin powers,The spy who shagged me" Willie , or a lookalike has a funny cameo:
[Noticing Dr. Evil's spaceship on radar]
Radar Operator: Colonel, you better have a look at this radar.
Colonel: What is it, son?
Radar Operator: I don't know, sir, but it looks like a giant...
Jet Pilot: Dick. Dick, take a look out of starboard.
Co-Pilot: Oh my God, it looks like a huge...
Bird-Watching Woman: Pecker.
[raising binoculars] Bird-Watching Man: Ooh, Where?
Bird-Watching Woman: Over there. What sort of bird is that? Wait, it's not a woodpecker, it looks like someone's...
Army Sergeant: Privates. We have reports of an unidentified flying object. It has a long, smooth shaft, complete with...
Baseball Umpire: Two balls.
[looking up from game]
Baseball Umpire: What is that. It looks just like an enormous...
Chinese Teacher: Wang. pay attention.
Wang: I was distracted by that giant flying...
Musician: Willie.
Willie: Yeah?
Musician: What's that?
[squints] Willie: Well, that looks like a huge...
Colonel: Johnson.
Radar Operator: Yes, sir?
Colonel: Get on the horn to British Intelligence and let them know about this.
:D:D:D:D
12.Is there a song of 8 that makes you sad?
Gotta Be "Help Me make It through the night"..
Yesterday is dead and gone
And tomorrow's out of sight
I don’t want to be alone
Help me make it through the night

13.What is your favourite album of 5?
Gotta be "The Velvet Voice"..His voice really is too good ...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

14.What is your favourite lyric that 3 has sung?
I'm not sure, I used to listen to Il Divo a Lot a Long time ago... there are Others who I'd rather listen to than them, Like Dottie west for example.
but If .if I had to choose, it would be "Every Time I look At You"
I used to think that I was strong
I realise now I was wrong
'Cause every time I see your face
My mind becomes an empty space
And with you lying next to me
Feels Like I can hardly breathe

I close my eyes
The moment I surrender to you
Let love be blind
Innocent and tenderly true
So lead me through tonight
But please turn out the light
'Cause I'm lost every time I look at you


15.What is your favourite song of 1?
Ah... so many songs,But which to choose...
It would have to be "The talking walls"Though i heard this song only quite recently, somehow,the tone of the song hits a chord with me
When the shades of twilight close the day in my solitute I steal away
And a sweet familiar voice calls from the shadows of the talking walls
The talking walls bring laughter tears and pain
A touch of summer's love and winter's rain
Every step we made my heart recalls you are there behind the talking walls
[ piano ]
As they speak to me I hear your name and a spark is kindled to a flame
Such a vivid memory walks in and I'm reaching for the phone again

16.What is your favourite song of 10?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Well, to be honest,This song has been on repeat ever since I started to write this Tag, and i still am not getting tired of it!Andrea Does A great job in the Disc "Amore".... alll the tracks are good listening!
17.How many times have you seen 8 live?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Tammy Wynette's a recent discovery of mine, having laid my hands on an entire collection of vinyls that were never released as CD...Nope, still not seen her
18.What is your favourite album of 1

I've actually got a 16 CD set of Jim Reeves, which has pretty much ALL the songs he ever sang!Think I'll choose that one.Though his greatest Hits Vol:2 also deserves a mention!
19.Is there a song of 3 that makes you sad?
The onlysad song by Il Divo is Unbreak My Heart (Regresa A Mi)... all the rest of them are mostly love or of other nature, and no, it doesnt make me sad, not like the way a Jim reeves song does..
20.What is a great memory you have considering 9?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I caught This connie francis album in a shop in the half price section once in july.Notwithstandding the fact that it was only july,I bought that Cassette, and hid it the rest of the year, and gave it to my parents for chrismas!and they really loved it!And least surprised was dad who i had to take into confidence for the monetary assistance, as well as his opinion about her


16 Responses to “The Music Tag”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    *yawns*

    *leaves this comment*

    *leaves*

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    First....Welcome back!! >:D<
    Now....I havent heard most of the artists u have mentioned here and a few I have heard is because you send the songs to me!:P
    But i did like those few songs and the lyrics u have put up...........Great!!
    TC n enjoy.....
    :)

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    good work on the template, though. :)

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    First, Welcome back! >:D<

    I am so glad to be the one who brought u back into the blogging space :)

    Second,

    *yawn* *sleeps* at your music taste :P

    @divya, he once sent a song to a guy who said they were useful in inducing peaceful sleep. =))

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well its time alright... Ofcourse I didnt read the blog :D.

    Welcome BACK!.

    Yeah the template is a really coool one. Oh I said this to you earlier right hmm k..

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey welcome back dude!
    To be frank this music puts me to sleep :P
    Though they are very beautiful...I guess I am made to hear the "ugly" ones! :P

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    So what If they induce peaceful sleep:D!.. That Could be the reason they are up top in the first place:P

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    AWESOME template work!!!

    but ur music taste.. umm... nevermind!

    anyways.. the template.. wowie... again.
    u own!

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    wb kickie!!!!! glad ur baaaaack!!!
    really surprised to see these old folks. ^^
    Nat King Cole & Willie are like superstars, arent they?
    i like Cole's song "unforgettable".
    and the lyric of 'Help Me make It through the night' is so very COOL!!! thanking you and give my hugzzz to ur lovely sister!

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hi dude !

    welcome back

    missed u kinda

    got a shock when i came here a couple of weeks ago

    hope u r fine

  11. Anonymous Anonymous 

    so u r back

    good!!!

  12. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great list. I have my favorites in every era. Jim Reeves is an evergreen in my music list too. I don't see any country singers here. My fav is Dolly Parton. It is the 'phleghminem' type of dudes who put me to sleep and induce nightmares :(

  13. Anonymous Anonymous 

    @ ze beast...TY!, but then again, its nuthing more than a development of your template(which i made of course:D)

    @niki...Thanks, you should hear Nat king cole's L.O.V.E! and sis says hugzz back@ you!

    @Geo &Deepa Thanks for the Welcome back!.it is good to be back:)

    @silverine...:-o Are you blind!!!Jim Reeves,2 Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline , Bobby Bare & Skeeter Davis, Tammy Wynette are all country artists!.That said, i dont have anything against phlegminem... its the saccharine pop types that drive me up the wall..

  14. Anonymous Anonymous 

    The only song of Patsy Cline's I have heard is 'Crazy' which is more of a slow ballad. I haven't heard Skeeter or Tammy. And oops I didn't read Willie Nelson :))

  15. Anonymous Anonymous 

    s

  16. Anonymous Anonymous 

    s

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Talk to me :)


Shoutbox Powered by ShoutMix

Last posts

Ze Fellow Bloggers


Love me, Love my music!


    by last.fm


visits
Hits
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.