A kickasss Life, One Kick at a time!

www.flickr.com
kickassso's photos More of My photos


Happy(?) Independence Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Apparently today was the day India gained Independence. Thus the celebration of independence day. However I did not feel today as different to any other day . I did not feel like wishing anyone " happy independence day" maybe it was the pressure of the exams coming, maybe it was my dissapointment at my ISP not giving free 'net today like they supposedly did last year...Somehow I just did not feel moved .Dont take me wrong, I do love my country very much and am very proud of it...But somehow, I dont think we are really free yet .Maybe I dont understand the value of the freedoms I have already, or maybe I take it for granted, or maybe because I wasnt there when India did become free.I felt that Independence day has lost its relevance to people of my generation.Dont deny it ,apart from the flags and the ceremonies, who felt glad that india was indeed free and wanted to celebrate for the sake of that alone?Maybe these questions are mine alone.Maybe my fellow indians living abroad might celebrate it because it makes them feel closer to home.But over here, to me , It is just another day


17 Responses to “Happy(?) Independence Day”

  1. Blogger -Poison- 

    i wonder why anniversaries are celebrated all over the world...once a thing has happened let it be...same with independence i guess.

  2. Blogger -Poison- 

    btw me 1st

  3. Blogger Ashwin Raju 

    Dont worry man. What you said is true. The same thing passes through my ming every year.. last year i blogged about it too LOL..

  4. Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ 

    whoz divya ? w.r.t ur comments on my post

  5. Blogger AJ 

    cmon man its not that bad! ya sure ur not xactly jumpin with joy but then thats bcause we're kinda used to the concept of freedom.

  6. Blogger AJ 

    cmon man its not that bad! ya sure ur not xactly jumpin with joy but then thats bcause we're kinda used to the concept of freedom.

  7. Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ 

    the anonymous stuff is enabled only coz my sis wanted to comment and she doesnt hav a blogger account

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hmm...i guess its bcos we r too used to the concept of freedom to take it seriously. same as the case with everything else, i guess -family, comforts, good times etc....:-))

  9. Blogger Avi 

    Dude, thats the whole point of independence day, you and I have the freedom to be indifferent :D

  10. Blogger kickassso 

    @ chips....Guess we've become too selfish eh? or is it because it is irrelevant?

  11. Blogger kickassso 

    @ abe...(evil grin)>:)

  12. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well, somehow I like indpendence day. Maybe its a the flags that everyone is brandishing, or beacuse it is a neutral event like a cricket match that unites the nations. But I love the day and the feeling of national prided it evokes.

  13. Anonymous Anonymous 

    what sentiment are u talking about, u got me puzzled

    Abe

  14. Blogger lost optimist..^!^ 

    holidays like this r to remind us to appreciate the things we take for granted..:)

  15. Blogger Sujith 

    yup! the spirit of independece conceived by the young generation including me is less..

  16. Blogger Sujith 

    btw u still didnt give us freedom from this annoying alert?? the one which comes out when the page loads. when will we get independence from that :-)

  17. Anonymous Anonymous 

    yeah just another day!!
    naah just another holiday....:P!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Talk to me :)


Shoutbox Powered by ShoutMix

Last posts

Ze Fellow Bloggers


Love me, Love my music!


    by last.fm


visits
Hits
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.